Online PDF Converter
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||The Portable Document Format, or PDF, is a scalable vector-based file format designed by Adobe Systems in 1993. PDF was developed to create platform-independent documents that can be viewed on multiple devices and screen sizes. The representation of a PDF file is always independent of the operating system, software, and hardware.|
|Technical Details:||PDF file has a fixed layout which allows users to avoid issues with missing fonts, misplaced elements, distorted graphics, etc. PDF documents are always compatible with each other, regardless of the software you use to create and edit your PDF. Also, it is possible to prevent printing of a PDF document and protect it with a password.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to guide:
How to Use the Online PDF Converter:
- Select any of the options on the AltoPDF main page (Sign, Merge, Convert PDF to JPG or other).
- Upload a document from your device or import it from Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Apply all actions you need to convert or modify the document.
- Edit a newly-created document in the free online editor if needed.
- Save, download or share the document.
The Ultimate Features Comparison Chart
Choosing the best application can be challenging. To make the best choice, you need to compare the features of different applications. Our checklist will help you quickly find the right tool to work with PDF documents. Check out the features of AltoPDF.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
Awesome converter! I can experiment with my documents using various options, combining them to get the file I need. No more trouble with unsuitable formats. I get the right one in a matter of seconds.
The best PDF converter I’ve ever come across! All-in-one solution! Extract, merge, split, convert to images and back… even e-signature is available. Everything’s on the table and for free.
I used to convert my PDF documents with other tools, but now that I found AltoPDF everything has become simpler. I can’t think of any drawbacks.
How to Work with a PDF Online
Upgrade Your Skills to View & Edit PDFs
Many contracts and documents are signed electronically and saved in PDF because the format tends to be more secure. However, this means that viewing and editing PDFs can become complicated. See the advanced features of our powerful web-based tool that can satisfy all your requirements:
- Split PDFs into separate documents or pages.
- Merge several documents into a single one.
- Rotate pages and select a horizontal or vertical position.
- Work across your storage clouds.
- View and edit documents on the go.
- Combine and reorder files.
- Compress PDF papers for quick sharing and better storing.
- Manage your paperwork instantly and for free.
- Delete or extract the pages you need.
- Rest assured your information is protected.
All-in-one AltoPDF.com online service has the most common tools for working with a portable document format. All of them are free, with no registration required. Drag-and-drop functions make the process even more comfortable. This powerful browser application allows you to view, organize and process PDF documents and pages.
Best Alternative to Convert from PDF
Make PDFs editable in a few clicks and for free. Simply drag and drop PDF files and transfer to a variety of popular file formats like spreadsheets, Word documents, presentations and more.
Explore the benefit features for your convenience:
- Convert PDF to an editable Microsoft Word document.
- Save a portable document format to Excel spreadsheets to use formulas and make reports.
- Transfer to PPT without losing formatting.
- Promptly change PDFs to images: JPG or PNG.
- Easily process documents and transform to HTML.
- Download results to your Google Drive, DropBox or OneDrive.
- Operate from your desktop or mobile device.
- Take advantage of secure data processing.
Converting PDF files is easy if you have the right tools for it. Alto PDF is a multi-purpose solution to help you anywhere and anytime. All you need is your preferable browser and an internet connection.
Use a Safe Solution to Convert to a PDF Online
PDF is known as a universal format to use and share on the internet. For your convenience, you can effortlessly convert any document you have to PDF.
Do this absolutely free of charge with AltoPDF and make use of advanced features:
- Save contracts from Word to PDF for safe storing.
- Convert Excel pages and tables for better performance.
- Transfer the PowerPoint presentation to PDF keeping the formatting.
- Change multiple JPG and PNG images to a single document to email fast.
- Easily save the Chrome HTML doc into the PDF file.
- Stay assured in a high level of data protection.
- Don’t stop editing — use our converter on your mobile device.
- Create a file in a portable document format from web pages.
- Perform conversions regardless of an operating system.
Our free converter covers the needs of many people. No need to download or install anything. Work in your browser, upload and convert files quickly, instantly save, share or keep editing the newly created PDF.
Easily Manage PDFs across your Apple Devices
Fill out forms, work with manuals and templates and perform other important tasks without installing any special paid software on your Mac or other Apple devices like iPhone or iPad.
AltoPDF converter works from your browser and undertakes conversion the exact way you need:
- Make use of instant PDF conversions that save time.
- Transfer Pages to Doc even on the go.
- Change Doc to Pages to redact it in the most convenient way.
- Operate it for free and with no registration.
- Save Numbers to XLS and share with Microsoft Office users.
- Convert XLS to Numbers to form reports and tables on Mac.
- Keep your connection secure with AltoPDF.
- Explore additional innovative features.
Our online platform is compatible equally well on iOS, Windows or Linux. Use it in your standard browser at the office, at home, or from any other place. Only an internet connection is required.
The Best way to Sign & Protect Your PDF
Nowadays, it is very important to keep up with everything, from saving time through managing paperwork, to speeding up the process of legally signing documents securely. You can easily use your esignature to certify important PDF documents on the web while staying under staying protected:
- Create your unique customized electronic signature.
- E-sign legal documents from any device.
- Put your legally valid signatures on contracts, tax forms, etc.
- Keep your sensitive data safe.
- Download a secured PDF to your cloud storage.
- Password protect your information.
- Remove the password from a secured doc, unlock PDFs online.
- Share documents with your teammates or email directly to the recipient.
Always use reliable programs to process PDF documents. Create your personal legally binding signature, sign documents electronically, keep them protected and share them with ease by using our advanced PDF editor online.
How to Find and Complete the Exact Form — Quick Search
The use of business, medical and tax forms saves time and money on phone calls and trips to the office to simply pick up the paperwork. An additional advantage is that many PDF templates are fillable and digital.
This means that you can work with your documents online:
- Use our federated search to get the best results.
- Find the appropriate document the fastest way.
- The PDF editor will recognize the editable fields automatically.
- Type on the PDF forms and save changes.
- Edit templates and add fillable fields.
- Insert and adjust images, shapes, checkmarks.
- Fill in the professionally designed templates.
- Date and sign contracts and business forms.
- Complete tax returns and file them with the IRS
- Use multi-purpose tools online from any device.
Our browser-based AltoPDF service provides an advanced search for different kinds of documents, templates, samples. Fill out forms, work with guidelines and perform other essential duties without the need to install and pay for software.
How to Use Online PDF Converter on Your Phone
Many people think that for managing and converting PDFs they need to utilize professional software or even ask experts, but it's just not true. Anyone can work with our online PDF converter using their phone, desktop or tablet. We offer you a variety of useful services to solve any of your document management hurdles with PDFs, such as convert to and from PDF, merge, split, compress, rotate, sign, protect and even unlock/lock PDFs.
The algorithm is a little different than other software on the market. All you have to do is choose the function you need and complete some simple steps:
- Upload a file. Use your preferred cloud or internal storage.
- Select the pages you want to work with if your actions are connected to printing, signing or changing the view of the document.
- Start processing the document by tapping the orange button (convert, split, merge, etc.).
- Wait while your document processes.
- Click Download Now to save the file or do additional edits with the multi-functional editor by pdfFiller.
Our online PDF converter is free and doesn’t require your email or phone number. Feel free to utilize it at any time for any purpose related to document management.
Keep calm and know that your files are secure security. We use the latest security features to protect your data from all third parties.
You don't need to install additional software. Everything is available online in a browser from any device. If you have an Android or iOS device and often need to change the format of your documents, consider downloading the useful and tiny solutions from the AppStore and PlayMarket to make working with files easier and faster.
Alto’s services offer one of the most significant lists of functions on the market and guarantee high-quality tools for managing documents.
How to Use Online PDF Converter on iPhone
Among hundreds of online converters, one of the most prominent ones is the Alto platform. It’s fully optimized for iPhones and iPads. This service has a user-friendly and very understandable interface that’s convenient for everybody who uses it. If you want to edit, convert, protect or sign your PDF, you can easily do it with Alto:
- Open altopdf.com in Safari.
- Choose the type of action you need to be completed. Select it from more than fifteen available options.
- Upload the file using the cloud or internal storage.
- Pay attention to the Wizard tool, which will give you extra tips.
- Download your new file or continue editing and signing it with pdfFiller’s online editor.
View a full list of functions that can be completed directly on Alto’s website. All of the listed services are free and don’t require anything extra from you. Honestly, we won't ask about your credit card, phone number or even your email.
But 'free' does not mean 'bad'. Every service is created by a professional team that knows how to build useful and high-quality software.
This platform is also secure. It always has a valid certificate and uses the latest encryption methods for transferring your data. After completing the work and you exit the page, all the files uploaded will automatically be deleted from our servers.
So if you need to manage PDFs from your iPhone, don’t forget about Alto. Add it to your bookmarks and transform portable document format files anytime, anywhere.
How to Use Online PDF Сonverter on Android
If you want to work with portable document format files on your phone without additional software, consider using an online PDF converter by Alto. It has a variety of opportunities that will be useful for anyone who works with this type of file.
- Open your browser. Go to altopdf.com and select the type of operation you need to complete.
- Upload the file.
- Check and make sure you uploaded the correct file.
- Perform additional tasks if needed (actual for signing, splitting or protecting).
- Download your modified file.
As you see, it doesn't require any specialized knowledge or skills. By using the short and understandable tips above, everybody can utilize our service and edit files successfully in a minimal amount of time. Most conversions last less than a minute and that’s what allows us to say that this service really saves your time and energy. Use an online PDF converter on Android or any other platform for free. You don't have to register or give us your email or credit card info.
In addition to being a great web-app for converting files, Alto gives you access to pdfFiller. If you need to utilize advanced tools for creating a professional-looking document, try pdfFiller and you won’t be disappointed!
AltoPDF is a free online platform that allows manipulations with PDF files. One of its significant features is that you can import files from Google Drive and once they are processed, export them back. The service allows converting of Word, PPT, JPG and PNG files fast, free, safe, easy and retaining the quality of the original document.