Extract pages from PDF files for free!
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||Portable Document Format, or PDF for short, was developed in 1993 by Adobe Systems. The main purpose was to create a file format that would maintain fixed formatting and avoid complications with viewing files on different devices. With PDF, you can be sure that the person viewing the document will see it as it was intended to be. This advantage makes PDF perhaps the most widely-used document format in the world.|
|Technical Details:||A PDF file is a flat 7-bit ASCII document with a fixed layout. It contains either graphic or text information and is capable to store elements in high quality while its size remains relatively small. A PDF file can be password-protected which gives you the ability to avoid unauthorized viewing and stealing of your data. You can open PDFs on every device you use without downloading and installing extra software.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to extract pages from a PDF
- Launch AltoExtractPDF. Open altoextractpdf.com in your preferred browser.
- Upload a document. Click Choose File and browse for one on your device or import one from the cloud by clicking the appropriate cloud icon.
- Select the needed pages. Click on the page thumbnails to select or deselect them for removal.
- Start extracting. Click Extract Now! and wait for a minute while the system exports your document.
- Get the file. Hit Download Now to save it to your device or click one of the cloud storage icons to export it to a cloud drive.
- Continue editing. Select one of four offered functions to convert your document, edit, or sign it.
The Best Features Comparing Chart
Thousands of users every day choose our service to extract PDF pages. Check out the comparison table below to better understand why AltoExtractPDF is the best choice.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
I can extract as many pages from my PDF documents as I want. No need to download any apps and everything’s done online. I haven’t met an equal competitor so far.
I enjoy the ability to transform my PDF documents and extract pages quickly and easily. No more annoying ads! That’s pretty uncommon for free tools.
I love how easy the whole process is. The tool saved me loads of time. I can combine the option of extracting pages with any other AltoPDF operation. I am totally satisfied!
How to Extract pages from a PDF File
How to Extract PDF Files Online
One of the most affordable and convenient ways to extract several pages from a file is the usage of AltoMergePDF. With it, you do not need to pay for the full version of the application, install it or suffer from limitations. The service is absolutely free of charge and simple. No need to install it or provide your personal details. Extracting parts from your PDF files you do not need to worry about security as they are processed in an absolutely secure environment.
Here are some simple steps for online file Extracting:
- Open the device’s internal memory or cloud storage and add the file to the website.
- Select pages you want to remove and leave others for combining an informative template from it.
- Select Extract Now button and operation will finish in a half of a minute.
- Save the final file to the storage you prefer.
The whole process of separating needed file parts and creating out of them a new template takes not more than a few minutes. The extraction tool is very helpful, as it contains several options for selecting needed parts. For example, you can type numbers of needed pages, separating them by a comma. Also, it is possible to click at components preview images and they will be selected. Pages, that will be converted will be highlighted with an orange color and checked in the top right corner.
How to Extract PDF Files Using Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a multi-platform browser that is very popular worldwide. It has numerous extensions, custom style settings, voice search, and numerous other features. It also easily opens PDF files for preview and printing. In fact, the extract option is not available in the Chrome preview tool, but it is still possible to do it. Using an Alto Extract extension it is possible to separate pages you need and save them as a new document.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for pages extracting:
- Install the extension from Chrome Webstore.
- Click at the app logo and you will see a small pop-up at the right upper corner.
- Choose a file to extract pages from it.
- Select pages using a preview and submit changes.
- Download file to the device’s inner memory.
Those who used to work with Alto Extract solution for Chrome will certainly appreciate this feature, as it helps to leave in the document only the needed components. Saving templates for printing, you can also use them for other purposes like sharing or further editing with third-party apps. The saving on Google Drive is good as further document share will be available through the link.
How to Extract PDF Files in Windows
Unfortunately, PCs and laptops on Windows do not have default applications for PDFs preview. Pages extraction from the Portable Document Format templates in most cases goes with the help of third-party solutions. PDF files opening and reading on Windows is only possible with the usage of the default browser - Internet Explorer (for Windows 10 default is Microsoft Edge). If you are not feeling Explorer-friendly than just open the needed file with any other browser you prefer.
To extract pages using Windows 10 follow these steps:
- Open document in the browser.
- Go to Print dialog through options or CTRL+P keyboard shortcuts.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF Dialog option in destinations window.
- Type numbers of pages to be extracted.
- Choose a print option and the new file will be saved in the folder you added.
The pages extraction is possible with the use of printing dialog in Windows 10. Other versions of Windows easily open files for preview but this option is not available there. If you want to manage document parts, it is easier to do it with an online solution or application, that specifies those options. This feature extracts pages, but it is originally made as one of the printing features, that is why it is so unpopular and many users do not work with it.
How to Extract PDF Files With Preview on Mac
Mac owners have the opportunity to edit various PDF files in their own special way. The default solution of all Mac devices is Pages. In the Pages, every MacBook owner can open PDFs and review their content. With it, one can also extract PDF pages, but not only like a document, like a picture as well. After the needed template or it's part separated, the user can further edit this element like an image. For editing samples in PDF, additional solutions are needed.
The process of page separating goes this way:
- Open PDF file in the Preview application. Click at View then select Thumbnails and choose a page in the thumbnail sidebar.
- Choose File and then Export option, add the name of the file and include the folder for saving the file.
- Specify the format of a file. For example, you may leave it in PDF or save it as PNG.
- Click at the Save option and your document will be ready.
In fact, PDF extracting is works on Mac in some way. Working with smaller documents and separating one or several parts from them is simple. But extracting numerous parts from one large document is quite complicated. Unfortunately, default apps are not always comprising all needed options. In most cases, to make this operation with the multi-page template you will need to look for a more convenient service.
How to Extract PDF Files With Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a multifunctional solution, that is installed to the user’s device. To split pages with its platform you need to register first and start a free trial or buy the full subscription version. The free trial is available for seven days. Even during a free-of-charge subscription time period, you need to install the application to your device. Then, you will have the opportunity to organize pages of a file and split pdf, separating the needed template parts.
Here is a number of steps of how to remove unneeded pages from file:
- Open the needed template in the app.
- Click at the Tools and select Organize Pages option.
- Choose the Extract button and specify the pages, that you want to remove.
- You can use additional options to specify Even, Odd, Landscape, Portrait, or All Pages. Additionally, or you can enter the numbers of pages you select to perform the operation.
- Finally, the app will create a new document out of selected pages.
This is not the only option available in Acrobat Reader. It also helps to make various manipulations with PDF including splitting, pages rearrangement, editing, certification, and conversion. To have full access to them it is necessary to register, providing personal information. Next, download the installation file, and unpack it. Install the application to the device, authorize there, and work with it a week for free. If you like it and do not mind to work with it for more than seven days, select a convenient paid plan and pay for it.
You can choose between software like Acrobat and online platforms, like aptopdf.com. Unlike software, these platforms don’t occupy the place on Drive and are free. They retain the quality the same as software, so you can rely on them. Consider altopdf.com that provides data and secure conversion and doesn’t require your personal data for preliminary registration.